Save with Skim is a reader-supported site. Purchases made through links may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Did you know you can get an Amazon Prime membership discount if you have an EBT or Medicaid card? This discount is huge!
On a yearly basis, this Amazon Prime membership discount can save you a good amount of money while giving you the great benefits of a normal Amazon Prime membership.
- TL:DR- Head here to sign up for a discounted Amazon Prime membership if you have an EBT or Medicaid card.
- If you don’t have one of those cards, then you can get a free 30-day membership here. (Make sure to put in a calendar reminder to cancel your 30-day free membership if you don’t want to pay for a membership for the whole year!)
- If you are a student, then you also qualify for a discount! Sign up here.
Benefits of an Amazon Prime Membership
An Amazon Prime membership is great to have mainly because of the fast, FREE two-day shipping. That’s free shipping on over 50 million items, which may be the same price or even cheaper than what you would get in stores!
Some other awesome benefits of an Amazon Prime membership are:
- Unlimited photo storage on their Amazon Drive cloud storage (for photos smaller than 2GB)
- 5GB of storage for videos
- Ad-free video streaming
- Ad-free music streaming
- Free Twitch subscription for video game lovers
- Flat-free grocery deliveries
- Kindle eBook rentals
- Discounts on diapers, baby food and more with Amazon Family
- Additional 10% off hundreds of sale items throughout Whole Foods Market stores.
One of the best benefits of an Amazon Prime membership is the great deals that they have just for Amazon Prime members. They have Lighting Deals daily or epic savings on Amazon Prime day.
You’ll have early access to these deals as an Amazon Prime member, and some of these deals may only be available to Amazon Prime members.
Note: The only benefit not included in your discounted Amazon Prime membership is Household Sharing, which means you won’t be able to add other family members to your account!
How to Get the Amazon Prime Membership Discount
To get this highly discounted Amazon Prime membership, you need have an EBT or Medicaid card.
If you have an EBT card (because of government assistance programs such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) or Medicaid card, head to www.amazon.com/qualify to see if you’ll qualify for this discounted price.
Sign up here: www.amazon.com/qualify
If you don’t have an EBT or Medicaid card, you can see other membership options here.
If you are a student, then you also get a discount! Here’s where you can sign up for a student membership.
How Anyone Can Get a Free 30-Day Trial Membership
Either way, EBT card or not, you can get a free 30-day trial membership with Amazon and get all its benefits in that month!
Important! If you don’t plan on using your Amazon membership for the whole year, add a calendar event on your phone to remind you when to cancel so you don’t pay the yearly membership.
Are you excited for your Amazon Prime membership discount? How will you use it?
Share with us by commenting below.
Thanks so much for stopping by and saving with Skim!